Monday, March 28, 2011

a journey's end...

my beautiful, gentle, loving and very much loved friend and companion allie's lifelong journey came to an end at 11.10am on thursday march 24...

my heart is broken,  my world bereft... 

farewell my sweet beauty...

"when someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure..."

you will be forever treasured my dearest friend...

there will be more about my beautiful old girl - she was well honoured in her passing but i can't write it now... i miss the girl - i miss her presence - and the sensory deprivation of the touch and feel of her is incredibly painful...

6 comments:

Sailor Lily said...

what a great photo of Allie, she likes quite young and frisky there. You must be missing her so much at this time. I hope the weekned went OK and you've found a safe place for her ashes today. see you soon and take care. xox

proud womon said...

thanks Lil... my beauty is home where she belongs and surrounded by beautiful flowers, candles and photos... and yes, she was a 'youngster' in this photo - taken about 5 years ago so she would have only been 14(!) - so very beautiful, and 'gently' feisty in her younger days...

Unknown said...

Dear Lily,

Your post brought tears, but tears come too easy these days since the loss of my beloved Desi.

I feel what you feel. Three months gone and I miss her so much.

proud womon said...

i empathize Rononald... i ache to caress my allie - to run my fingers through her fur, to look into her beautiful face, to feel her next to me...

larrythelibrarian said...

Hey, I am so sorry to hear this. The loss of a furry companion is very hard. I feel for you right now.

Michael

TimberLove said...

Soft husky woooos,

RA